Psychology workshop [July 13, 2019]
Psychology workshop session organized prior to the
“Preventing Harm, Promoting Health: LGBT Acceptance”
By Prof. Susan E Walch, Ph.D.
from department of Psychology, University of West Florida, USA
at room 105 of the Maha Chulalongkorn Building,
Chulalongkorn UniversityUniversity, Thailand
The Faculty of Psychology, Chulalongkorn University would like to invite you to participate in the workshop. This workshop has been created specifically for providing knowledge about the effects of discrimination against the LGBT, demonstrating how to manage stress and enhance well-being in relation to LGBT issues and establishing social acceptance towards the LGBT.
- Role and impact of anti-gay stigma and discrimination on sexual minorities and ways to manage the minority stress for sexual minorities
- Factors associated with homophobia and ways to reduce homophobia
- Discrimination in the heterosexual community
- The many labels used to discuss the gay community and its members
- The multidimensional nature of sexual orientation and gender identity
- Beliefs about cause(s) of homosexuality and dispel myths and misunderstanding
- The experience of LGBTQ people and the negative impacts of stigma and intolerance
- Self-assessment about your tolerance
- The strategies to increase your own tolerance, appreciation, and support for sexual and gender diversity
- The ways to support the LGBTQ people in your own life [How to become LGBTQ Ally]
After training, participants will receive a certificate.
Please download the following form and make your payment at a bank and mail/email your proof of payment to the faculty via email: Kannika.firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay-in slip_workshop LGBT_Other_3,000 Baht
Pay-in slip_workshop LGBT_alumni_2,500 Baht
Pay-in slip_workshop LGBT_student_2,000 Baht
* Faculty of Psychology, CU students will need to present a copy of their student ID card.
For more information:
Please contact Ms. Kannika Tel.: 02-218-1305 Email: Kannika.C@chula.ac.th